Ellen Lipton, Interim executive director
Postsecondary success coach
Moussa joined the Promise Zone as its first-ever Postsecondary Success Coach in January 2019 after previously serving as the Hazel Park High School College Adviser from July 2016-June 2018. While serving as college adviser, Moussa was honored by the Michigan College Access Network as an Ombudsman Award winner at its 2018 College Access Impact Awards Dinner. Moussa is originally from the West African country of Mali and holds an Associate of General Studies degree from Lansing Community College and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Arts and Humanities with a minor in Peace and Justice Studies from Michigan State University.
Mady Berns joined the Promise Zone team in summer 2018 as a college adviser. She is originally from Buffalo Grove, Illinois and is excited to assist Hazel Park students with post-high school plans. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology with a minor in Health Promotion and a minor in Communication Science and Disorders from Michigan State University.
Monica rattee, bookkeeper
Board of directors
- Chairman Bill Hitchcock, Hazel Park High School Alumnus, Owner, Re/Max in the Park
- Vice Chairman Walter Roman, Hazel Park High School Alumnus, General Motors Retiree
- Secretary Ed Klobucher, Hazel Park High School Alumnus, Hazel Park City Manager
- Treasurer Ellen Cogen Lipton, JD, Attorney and Former State Representative
- Nowfal Akash, Business Owner
- Steve Haddad, Chief Operations Officer, Capital Sales Co.
- John Harvey, Senior Pastor, Serenity Christian Church
- Leon LaBrecque, JD, CPA, Hazel Park High School Alumnus, Founder/CEO, LJPR Financial Advisors
- Arnold Shifman, JD, Attorney, Arnold J. Shifman PLC
- Janice Brown Williams, Royal Oak Dean of Student Services, Oakland Community College