kayla roney smith
Kayla Roney Smith joined the Promise Zone team in summer 2012 as a college adviser and has been in her current role since 2013. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Relations and Policy from Michigan State University and a Master of Social Work degree in Social Policy & Evaluation and Community & Social Systems from the University of Michigan. Prior to her work here in Hazel Park, Kayla served as a Program Coordinator for Todd Martin Youth Leadership, a youth development program in Lansing.
Mady Berns joined the Promise Zone team in summer 2018 as a college adviser. She is originally from Buffalo Grove, Illinois and is excited to assist Hazel Park students with post-high school plans. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology with a minor in Health Promotion and a minor in Communication Science and Disorders from Michigan State University.
Monica rattee, bookkeeper
Board of directors
- Chairman Bill Hitchcock, Hazel Park High School Alumnus, Owner, Re/Max in the Park
- Vice Chairman Walter Roman, Hazel Park High School Alumnus, General Motors Retiree
- Secretary Ed Klobucher, Hazel Park High School Alumnus, Hazel Park City Manager
- Treasurer Ellen Cogen Lipton, JD, Attorney and Former State Representative
- Steve Haddad, Chief Operations Officer, Capital Sales Co.
- John Harvey, Senior Pastor, Serenity Christian Church
- Leon LaBrecque, JD, CPA, Hazel Park High School Alumnus, Founder/CEO, LJPR Financial Advisors
- Trevor Pawl, MBA, Group VP, Trade & Procurement Programs, Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Arnold Shifman, JD, Attorney, Arnold J. Shifman PLC
- Janice Brown Williams, Royal Oak Dean of Student Services, Oakland Community College