kayla roney smith
Kayla Roney Smith joined the Promise Zone team in summer 2012 as a college adviser and has been in her current role since January 2013. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Relations and Policy from Michigan State University and a Master of Social Work degree in Social Policy & Evaluation and Community & Social Systems from the University of Michigan.
Moussa Traore joined the Promise Zone team in summer 2016 as a college adviser. Originally from Mali, West Africa, Moussa immigrated to the United States in an effort to obtain a strong education. He holds a General Associate degree from Lansing Community College and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Arts and Humanities with a minor in Peace and Justice Studies from Michigan State University.
Monica rattee, bookkeeper
Nick lemere, alumni engagement intern
Board of directors
- Chairman Bill Hitchcock, Hazel Park High School Alumnus, Owner, Re/Max in the Park
- Vice Chairman Walter Roman, Hazel Park High School Alumnus, General Motors Retiree
- Secretary Ed Klobucher, Hazel Park High School Alumnus, Hazel Park City Manager
- Treasurer Taylor Cox, PhD, Pastor, Living the Word Christian Ministries
- Leon LaBrecque, JD, CPA, Hazel Park High School Alumnus, Founder/CEO, LJPR Financial Advisors
- Ellen Cogen Lipton, JD, Attorney and Former State Representative
- Trevor Pawl, MBA, Group VP, Trade & Procurement Programs, Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Arnie Shifman, JD, Attorney, Arnold J. Shifman PLC
- Janice Brown Williams, Royal Oak Campus Dean, Oakland Community College
hazel park promise zone authority